1. If you water a flower with coffee, tea or coke it will die.
2. Water can float on top of other water.
3. Fresh squeezed orange juice has more vitamin C than store bought.
4. Humans have more bacteria in their mouths than do dogs or cats.
5. You can get charcoal to change colors.
6. You can make an electromagnet.
7. There is a huge difference between a research project and a science project. Apparently some fifth graders are still a little fuzzy on which is which.
8. Having your parent help you with your science experiment does not guarantee you will understand it.
9. Just because a report is 20% of your project doesn't mean you have to do it.
10. After completing high school and/or college, parents can still write a fabulous fifth grade science report.