1. Pay attention to the kid speaking.
2. (Following the thought process of #1) Don't ask dumb questions. Apparently it annoys kids if you ask them questions about what they just so clearly explained to you.
3. Dress nice. (to quote Emma, "Not like you usually do.")
4. Ask them if they got help from the their mom and dad (This way you know if they cheated and had their parents do it for them)
5. Make sure you have a clip board to write down notes so you know who has the coolest experiment.
6. If the kids stutter or stop don't try to finish their sentences or put words in their mouth.
7. Give them time to think of the answer.
8. Be Patient. Science fairs are Hard.