9.13.2008

Half Pi


Here is the Pi shawl.  (crowd cheers...)















I feel like i have been working on it for all eternity.  Sometimes i cannot remember a time when i worked on anything else.  I an half way around the border.  Only half to go.  Half way there.  The goal is in site.  I just need to keep going.  And yet, the hallway i am running down seems to keep growing longer and longer and longer. (not unlike this post)  It is as if i am making more work for myself.  Look, to bind off this shawl I have to add 40 stitches for each bind off.  Hello!!  I have a friend who shall remain nameless (BUT YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE)  who knits lace all the time.  She makes it look sooooo easy.  "Hey lets just do this simple knit along" she says.  "It'll be fun" she says and it was for the first 100,000 stitches.  Watch me finish in record time, while you sit and struggle.  (Wicked laughter in the background)
I suppose logic would have it that the more you do it the better you get.   Not me, this is my second lace project and i can definitely say NO MORE.  So the question remains is Half a pi better than none at all?

1 comment:

knitalittle said...

Hey I just found a great shawl lace shawl want a knit along ;) Ha Ha Ha Ha.(It just isn't the same with out the deep laughing voice.)