10.07.2008

HSKS6--Hogsmeade





This weekend was my first weekend in Hogsmeade.  As a first year, I have heard many stories of the place so, I wasn't sure what to expect.   Truthfully, it was just nice to be out of Hogwarts!  I  started my adventure alone in the hopes of meeting up with a few others later. I wandered down to Scrivershafts to get a new quill.  With my new quill safely tucked away I headed down to Dervish and Banges.  We have a wicked homework assignment this week History of Magic. UGH.   I was hoping on getting some pointers about enchanting the wand to write while i dictated.  As I enter the shop I was amazed at all of the things in the shop.  Half of which I couldn't tell you what they did.  Unfortunately, the man in the shop didn't know anything about enchanted quills other than the kind that wrote without ink.  Whatever that's about.   I did however purchase these.  I was told they were made by goblins.   I don't know about that, but they do remind me of Peeves, The Bloody Barron and Nearly Headless Nick.

Next, I went to Honeydukes, as did many from Hogwarts, because they were PACKED.  I wanted some chocolate frogs but they were out, so I settled for Liquorice Wands.  Just about the time I was ready to meet up with the others, I saw tons of people gathering around yelling.  Then there was a huge explosion and purple smoke was everywhere.   Well, I don't have to tell you I didn't stick around to find out what was going on.  With a name like Riddle people often find reason to blame you for things, so you can see why I ran.  I haven't seen or talked to the others since the incident so I don't know what went on but I am anxious to hear.   I'll keep you posted.