2.25.2010

A Tisket, a Tasket

A Tisket, a Tasket a set of nesting baskets!





















Here they are folks! I have been wanting to have some fabric nesting baskets so I designed these. I am not sure this is exactly what I was going for but, they do nest. While making these, prototypes, I played with several different interfacing weights, felts and batting. I definitely like the fusible felt, but without a coupon it is quite pricey. The heavy duty interfacing worked well but I don't know how long it will maintain it's stiffness. The batting combined with the interfacing, definitely did Not work. It is much to fluffy for this small scale, and without extensive quilting it is quite floppy. I need to wash them and see how they survive the wash. They sure are cute! I think with the next set I will make them wider and shorter. When I settle on a size, shape and material I'll post a tutorial and then you too can have a set of nesting fabric baskets of your own!

No comments: