5.27.2009

Super Quilter Strikes Again!



Look-- Up there!  It's a mom! It's a wife!  IT'S SUPER QUILTER!  Able to take on challenges with a single hand and three small children. 
Okay, okay I'll stop before you all gag.  I did, however finish this quilt! TA-DA!  (drum-roll please...)

I found this quilt pattern by Joan Bassett in the May/June 09 issue of Quiltmaker magazine.  I was of course, not looking for a pattern when I found it.  Blue being my favorite color, the choice was obvious.  What I love, love, love about this pattern, besides the fabric, is the distortion the blocks make.  The block is hard to find once you put the quilt together.  This is what the block looks like..
It reminds me of those optical illusion Rubin Vase.   Is it two faces or is it a vase.  You decide?  





No comments: