5.04.2009

Restless

"Restlessness is discontent and discontent is the first necessity of progress."
--Thomas Edison


There is an overwhelming presence in our house...Restlessness.  I believe it stems from the mother and feeds into the family.  Regardless it is here, looming over us, all of us.  I haven't knit or quilted in over a month.  I cannot seam to settle into a pattern or rhythm.  Anxious I sit and don't want to sit, stand and don't know what to do.  I think about cleaning and sorting and putting away more boxes, but then why bother, we'll have to move and repack everything.  The kids are just as restless.  The majority of their toys packed away, in El Paso no less, not what I consider even remotely accessible.  I watch them and see them sit, stand, pick-up a toy only to put it down again.  "There is nothing to do"  is the popular phrase here.  It is a terrible feeling, made only slightly worse by the fact that it is spring even the weather is not cooperating.  I think about all of the things we have been blessed with.  I am thankful for all of the goodness we have in our life.  I know with out a doubt that all will work out.  Our house will sell in El Paso, and we will find a new one here to fit everything we need.  Yet, that alone is not enough anymore.  I am frustrated, tired, anxious and just ready for it all to end.  Godspeed.

No comments: