5.10.2009

Happy Mother's Day!


Happy Mother's Day! 
The day started out early with a rousing chorus of barking at 6:30 am.  One was Ginger the other I realized quickly was Jack with croup.  I brewed coffee for myself while I attended to my croupy middle child, who I had set in front of the freezer.  After 30 minutes in the freezer, poof, he was cold, coughing less and WIDE awake.  Jack and I had a wonderful Mother's Day breakfast, just the 2 of us over coffee, milk and doughnuts.  (Always the health conscious.)  Thankfully, I returned to bed 2 hours later for a mid-morning nap, got to love Mother's Day.  After lunch, I received the beautifully handcrafted gifts that only mother's with elementary school children could love.  Jack made me a beautiful recipe card for "How to make a Mom"complete with 2/3 cup of kisses and a dash of beauty.  Emma gave me a book detailing all of the things she loves about her mom.  I found out that I am best at "the really hard Math" and that her favorite things to do with me are cook and read books.  John took all of the kids shopping and bought me the worlds largest cup of coffee.  In reality is a cute planter which I intend to fill with herbs.  We spent the afternoon at the pool enjoying the warm sun and the laughter of children not in school.  I was told we would be going out to dinner.  The only hint I was given was that the place we were to eat at did not start out with Mc...anything.  Boy was I relieved.   I was treated to a dinner out at Applebee's,  which was fortunately one place everyone likes.  There was no fighting at dinner, no throwing food and most happily so complaining.   All around it was a good day to be a Mom.  

No comments: