5.09.2012

More than a Handful


I saw this done years ago for Mother's Day.  I tucked the idea away waiting for the perfect time to pull it out and use it.  This year for our Teacher Appreciation Week project I thought it would be just the thing for a "hands-on" teacher. (pardon the pun.)  Keeping this Top Secret was a bit tricky, fourth graders aren't typically know for their secrecy.  I got to 'hand' it to them, this time they might just pull it off.  Together with the room mom and the art teacher we pooled our resources and have this wonderful apron to gift.

 I had the kids use fabric markers to trace their hands and then write their names inside their hand prints. I'll admit I was a bit skeptical that we would get 23 hands to fit over the apron surface, but once we overlapped them we had just enough space.  I cannot wait to see her face when the kids, "hand" it over to her. :)

No comments: