Once again I have finished up another teacher journal. This journal is a bit different than the rest. For this next journal I wanted to create my own design. Since it is to be given to Jack and Emma's Piano teacher, I decided A Grand Piano was in order. After looking at pictures of Grand Pianos I drew the basic shape I wanted. I started with the basic curve shape from Rachel's Mod Bud Journal pattern. The next section of the piano had yet another curve learned from my Curves Class, an improv curve. I added this section to the first. Next I added a basic rectangle to finish out the piano body. Having purchased musical fabric back in February, I fussy cut off a key board and added this to the piano body. After finishing off the back with some additional musical fabric, I added the journal (aka. composition notebook) and TA-DA!
What a masterpiece! LOL. Yes, my points are a bit off and perhaps the keys are exactly the way they should be,but the piano is pretty cool. I am so happy that I was able to take my new skills and blend them harmoniously into a new curvy composition of my own.