1.13.2009

Many different squares

This year I have taken over the Block Of The Month (BOM) office in my quilting guild.  Basically this involves creating a quilt using 12 blocks of my choice.  Each month I print out the directions to that "block of the month", choose colors and make up the block to show what the next months block will be.  I chose 12 blocks with pinwheels in the center, calling the quilt Pinwheel Pandaemonium
.
(not the greatest picture but you get the idea)
This month I choose a very simple patter with scrappy fabric, hoping to make it easier on everyone, due to the chaos of Christmas and the new year.  Those who wish to make the block bring their block in and we raffle off the blocks to one person.  Here January's block

We had a good turn out with about 50% of the members making blocks.
February's block looks like this..


This past meeting we had to make a Presidents block.  We all make 6"X6" blocks in the colors of her choosing and give them to the outgoing president as a gift for her hard work.  She chose jewel tones with some type of 3 dimensional touch.  Many people made crazy quilt blocks. I found this link for a dimensional cathedral window quilt block on you tube and had a great time making it.

No comments: