9.23.2011

Happy Haunting.

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays.  Dressing up in costume, running around in the dark, carving pumpkins, the cool fall air or maybe it's just the abundance of chocolate that make this holiday incredibly entertaining.  Whatever the reason, I always get a thrill when the Halloween fabrics start appearing in the stores. This year was certainly no exception.  This year I decided to come up with my own Ghoulishly clever Halloween quilt.


I really like the look of a strip quilt, plus they are simple to piece and go together in a snap!  In keeping with the Halloween theme I threw in a few spooky faces!  Boo!

Can't you just imagine sitting out in the cool fall air passing out treats to the ghosts, goblins and angry birds that haunt your neighborhood, all while cuddled under this cute throw?


Not to be forgotten, I sewed up an adorable matching treat bag for your own little ghoul.  My favorite part of both of these is the addition of the  glow-in-the-dark  thread I added to the faces.  They really do glow.  I tried to get a picture to show you, unfortunately my picture taking abilities are not night friendly.
Look the quilt folds up neatly and can be stored inside the treat bag once Halloween is over.  Now isn't that a treat?

No comments: