6.29.2010

Seriously?

Seriously? It's almost July. I am not sure what we did to make June go so quickly but, it's almost gone!? With July around the corner I have been working on my latest wreath quilt block. I, along with the rest of the nation, think "Independence Day" when I think of July. Therefore, a flag immediately popped into my head as the design of the month. I actually found so many wonderful patriotic patterns I made two.

The flag block was an adaptation of the from a pattern I found on Compuquilt.com. The pattern calls for an Ohio star inserted where the blue of the flag belongs. Being short on time this summer and having a severe distaste for flying geese, I opted for blue fabric with stars already on it.

The second pattern is Land of Liberty by Debbie Mumm. I also adapted this pattern to my tastes. Before you ask, yes that is hand stitching for the letters. We had a trip to Charleston planned to meet up with friends from High School. It made a great project to work on in the car.

Both mini-quilts were made entirely out of fabric from my stash. Woohoo.

No comments: