5.28.2010

New Wreath for the Holiday Weekend!


Do you remember this wreath I made?

Well my plan is to sew a new block every month. I want to have 12 blocks to switch out and update the wreath as the year goes on.

When it came to June I was unsure what to make for that month. Then I started quilting the next quilt in my practice stash, a flip-flop quilt! Brilliant! So I whipped up this little cutie for June.

I used some leftover fabric from Emma's Garden quilt for the flip-flops. Sewed some rick-rack over some ribbon. Added the cute little flower button and TA-DA. The quilting isn't my best, sigh. Moving from a long-arm machine to my little white couldn't be more difficult.

I know it not officially June until Tuesday but I thought this holiday weekend was a perfect debut for the flip-flops!


10 comments:

pinksuedeshoe said...

What a fun idea, and your daughters quilt is amazing, just beautiful!

Paulette said...

What a cool idea! Love those little flip-flops!

Sarah Craig said...

How cute is that! Makes me ready for summer!!

Leslie said...

this is such a unique and cool idea.

Day before Michelle said...

Oh that is a fantastic idea! Love the Flip Flops!

Jan said...

Adorable idea! Yeah, summer!

Dayna said...

What a great idea! My youngest daughter would flip over the flip-flop one!

Kim D. said...

Those Flip flops are adorable and a good idea for a welcoming front door.

Lappedamen said...

What a great idea! The flip flop quilt is so cute.

Diane said...

How fun!