2.08.2009

Busted!

This week has  been a flurry of activity.  Moving is exhausting.  We spent much of the week interviewing Realtors and stagers.  Keeping the house in "show" mode is dependent on keeping the kids busy.  After school activities keep us busy on normal weeks, but this week we needed extra activities.  We did extra, movies at the theater, ice cream, parks but eventually everyone wanted to stay home.  So, when the stager was coming on Friday I went to Blockbuster to pick up the newly released "Madagascar 2" for the kids to have movie night at home.  While I was there I decided to pickup  a video for John and I.  We haven't had much down time since the moving process started.  I decided on "Burn after reading" (not one I would recommend)   I spent a good 20 minutes in the checkout line, which irritated me to no end.  (Why they insist on having one cashier on a Friday, I will never know).  After being tormented by the rows and rows of Chocolate, candy and popcorn, It was my turn. Yea.  I went up to the counter handed the man, boy really, my movies.  He scanned the movies and asked for my ID.  I looked and looked and looked and couldn't find it. Ugh.  "I don't have it."  I answered.  "Well," he replied in his strictest teenage voice,"you'll have to put your movie back."  Honestly, I don't know what I was thinking he would say but that wasn't it.  I haven't been carded for a rated R movie since I was newly married at 23. (funny story, I'll tell you about it sometime)  "I am sure it is here."  I stammered.  Busted by the teenage employee at Blockbuster.  I wanted to say, "Please, mister,  my dad will be really mad if I don't bring him his movie."  but I refrained.  Rest assured I found my ID and almost had to preform CPR on the cashier when I did.  I don't think he really believed I wasn't 18 but, I don't think he thought I was old enough to be his mother.  Perhaps I should have just put the movie back and gone home basking in my own youthful glow.

No comments: