3.03.2014

A finish -- The Hexie-Flower Quilt


Well, it's done.  (and even before the birth of my new niece)  Starting a baby quilt a week before the baby's due date is a bit like shopping for Christmas on Christmas Eve.  Thankfully babies pretty much come when they want and sometimes are quite late.  It did come down to the midnight hour but this baby is done.  


This quilt was made with pre-cut Moda Honeycombs in Scrumptious color way by Bonnie and Camille.  I love the bright colors, shapes and flowers.  I scattered six of my own Hexie-flowers, hand pieced in Kona Solids throughout the quilt top.  Each Hexie-flower is grouped with patterns and prints that were of the same color.  I couldn't help but quilt this cutie in an all over flower pattern adding a free form daisy in each of the Hexie-flowers.  So, stinking cute!


I wanted the back to be just as bright and colorful as the front so I added multiple prints from the same line. Fortunately Southern Fabric, has scrap bags that are made up from scraps all from the same fabric line. 


I will ship her off today with some goodies for the big brother to-be.  Hopefully for my Sister-in-law, the quilt will arrive after the baby. :)

No comments: