2.05.2013

With only 11 months to spare

Are you ready to see something fabulous!  Good, because I am ready to share.  My Christmas Tree Skirt is quilted.  It is trimmed.  It is bound.  And with only 11 months until I get to use it....Ta-Da!


I am at a loss for a name for this particular quilt.  I was thinking of something along the lines of "Facets of Christmas." or "Christmas Gems"   Nothing has succeeded in catching my attention thus far.  


I took my newly finished quilt out to a section of our neighborhood that is loaded with Loblolly pines.  It was the closest thing I could find to a Christmas tree without actually dragging my artificial tree out of the Attic.  


To attach a closure or not to attach, this was my conundrum.  Ultimately, I decided two bows at the intersections of the hexagons was plenty.


After much deliberation I decided, I should say, my kids decided it should be bound with red.  We tried all the options, green, gold, cream, but decided the red was just the thing.  I think they made the perfect choice.


The backing shows off my dense quilting nicely.  I was pleased as punch when Emma stated. "Wow!  It is reversible!"  She is currently my new favorite.

No comments: