2.14.2013

Scrap! It's Love.

I have mentioned I have been doing the craftsy.com class on Filling Negative Space.  Part of the requirements for the class are to have several quilts tops to quilt along with that have, wait for it, Negative Space.  I have many quilt tops of my own waiting to be quilted, however very few of them have negative space.  After finishing up my Christmas Tree Skirt (Which by the way I have decided to call Christmas Gems.) I needed another such quilt top to start quilting on.

I really wanted to use up the scraps and piles of fabric I already own.  Why? I am not sure I will like the final quilt.  Why use up great fabric and then hate it?  Two. I am not in the market for more fabric currently.  And, Three. When I am in the market for more fabric; I will have cleaned out the old stuff to make room for the new.  Oh, the Irony.





I have seen many quilts that have words appliqued, quilted on or in them and quilts that are bold and bright.  I wanted just such a quilt.  I drew inspiration from Tonya Ricucci book Word Play Quilts.  I just wanted something quick to stitch together that would have plenty of negative space for quilting. With Valentine's Day just around the corner.  I decided.  Love.  Would be a simple yet appropriate word to display on the quilt.

Once I had the letter blocks assembled I just had to play with the layout.  I have been doing a lot of that lately.  hmm.  Now I have some video's to watch before I can decide just how I want this quilted.

Happy Valentine's Day, Ya'll.

No comments: