4.09.2011

April Wreath

I cannot believe I have made a  dozen of these blocks.  It has surely been an adventure in creativity and quilting.  There are so many wonderful quilt design and designers out in blog-land!  I am certain I will never get to all of the projects. They are still fun too look at and find a little inspiration.

This Is my Hoppy Easter door hanging.  It is from a design from Ellie's Quiltplace.  She has many cute little projects to work on for sale in her shop, as well as several freebies.  Most, if not all, of Ellie's patterns are for hand stitching. While I did use my machine for most of my mini-quilt, I did enjoy the little bits of hand-stitching.

I used a new free motion quilting pattern for the area underneath the rabbit.  I tried using the Landscape quilt design from Leah Day's free motion quilting project.  I have admired her use of this design in her quilts.  I have to say it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, and the results are stunning.

I used a simple echo stitch to outline the rabbit.  I think it gave him/her just a little extra PoP. (or should I say Hop)


I also tried a new flame or triangle quilting along the sides of the Happy Easter embroidery.  In hindsight, I could have also done a little stippling around the Easter eggs to make them pop as well.  Something to keep in mind for next time!

Now that this adventure in quilting is completed I am off to make up some dresses.  Three little girls are going to be so very excited!

No comments: