2.16.2011

Warm Heart.

I cannot believe I forgot to share this little craft I put together for Valentine's Day.  Short term memory loss already!  Now what was I saying? :)

A late Valentine's Day craft.  Here are the Heart-Shaped pot holders I made last week.  I just think they are so very cute, and practical too.

 I used this great pink floral fabric I picked up at Hobby Lobby.  The pattern calls for 3 layers of batting, for the insulator. Instead, I used some insulated batting, great stuff if you can find it!  I found the pattern here ate Martha Stewart.com

I am not sure if you can tell from the picture but they are almost an oven mitt. You slip your fingers and your thumb into the two little semi-circle shaped on each heart.  Then when you use them to pick up  your pan/baking dish or pot you actually fold the heart in half.

Since I didn't get around to sending them off for Valentine's Day, I think they would make a cute little Mother's Day present.  The came together very quickly, I think it only took me an hour to make both of them.  The only problem is they are so cute I almost don't want to use them. Perhaps I need to make some really ugly ones.

1 comment:

Pauline said...

What pretty potholders- I love the finger pouches.

That's such a thoughtful gift too, I'm gonna make some for my hubby next year! Just so he gets the message that I don't like practical gifts like coffee machines and other kitchen appliances!!