6.26.2009

A prayer to St. Joseph

Friends of ours who are still in El Paso recently buried a statue of St. Joseph in our yard. It is said that if you bury a statue upside down in your yard and say this prayer your house will sell. When the sale of your house is concluded St. Joseph is dug up and placed within the new home. We have many who are praying for us and for the sale of our El Paso home. We are grateful to all of you who include us in your thoughts and prayers. It is my hope that by including this prayer on my blog our house will indeed sell. Thank You


O, Saint Joseph,

you who taught our Lord the carpenter's trade,
and saw to it that he was always properly housed,
hear my earnest plea.

I want you to help me now as you helped your foster-child Jesus,
and as you have helped many others in the matter of housing.
I wish to sell this [house/property] quickly, easily, and profitably
and I implore you to grant my wish by bringing me a good buyer,
one who is eager, compliant, and honest,
and by letting nothing impede the rapid conclusion of the sale.

Dear Saint Joseph,
I know you would do this for me
out of the goodness of your heart and in your own good time,
but my need is very great now and so I must make you hurry
on my behalf.

Saint Joseph, I am going to place you
in a difficult position with your head in darkness
and you will suffer as our Lord suffered,
until this [house/property] is sold.

Then, Saint Joseph,
i swear before the cross and God Almighty,
that i will redeem you
and you will receive my gratitude
and a place of honour in my home.

Amen

No comments: