3.01.2012

Somewhere over the Rainbow Road

Well here it is my finished Rainbow Road Quilt!  I love this project.  It was fun (and quite frustrating at times).  My curves are not as curvy as I would have liked.  But that is why I took this class, to work on my curves, right?  Even though I have been quilting for 10 years (can that be right?) the Curves class is really eye opening.


 I have learned so many new things.  It is wonderfully refreshing to have a new take on putting together blocks, piecing, quilting and even binding my quilts. I increased the length of my Rainbow Road Table Runner to extend over the edge of my Dining room table.  I also left the edges curvy.   The long length of the quilt emphasizes the curvy edge.  Unfortunately, the curvy edge requires a bias binding, which I didn't remember until I saw my edges curling up.  Now my quilt curves everywhere! To add extra curve I quilted a Feather Filler from Leah Day's Second book From Feathers to Flames.




I also managed to finish up my Drunkard's Path trivet.  What a cute little project!


This week I have been swamped, so I am getting rather behind on my class.  There are so many awesome projects that I am inspired to create!  Just so little time.

2 comments:

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

Wow, and WOW! You did a great job. And, I have to admit, I'm so happy to hear your testimony that the class has been helpful!

Laura said...

love! your drunkard's path block!!