3.08.2012

Irish Chain


This week I finished up the Irish Chain Quilt.  I have been working on and off for at least a month.   Okay, technically I still have the label to stitch on but for the most part it is finished.

I quilted a feathered arch around the outer border.  The navy border has a vine and leaf pattern.  The body of the quilt is just basic meander.  


I had a difficult time getting a good shot of the quilting.  (Just so sunny here :)


Notice my classy soccer goal/quilt photography stand.


I had a few extra blocks which I added to the back.  The biggest surprise to me was the way the blocks on the back formed X's and O's.  Hugs and Kisses.  Too Cute!  This is perfect since this will be a wedding present. 

1 comment:

Sewgreen said...

I LOVE your irish chain quilt!! I was planning on making one for a friend who had a baby boy, and I am going to steal your idea with the blues and the greens!