3.10.2012

busy stitches

 I am exactly 2.5 weeks behind on my curves class projects. sigh. Yesterday was the last day of classes. The online class from Stitched in Color has been a great learning experience.  Rachel did a great job with the class and the projects.  Initially, I had planned on doing only one project a week, a good goal I thought.  However, her projects are so darn beautiful that you want to do them all! (secretly I think she planned this)  I am currently working on my own version of the Scallop Quilt.


 I finished up the hen and chicks, the Irish Chain quilt and this Penn State Quilt (looks amazingly similar to the first Penn State Quilt). The back is different.

 Again I quilted the Popcorn All over quilt pattern. I find the smooth looping pattern quite mesmerizing.

I had a few small sewing projects thrown it.  I whipped up this sling for Jack's Trebuchet Project.


 It is just the right size for flinging mini-marshmallows around.  :)


 I also took a few minutes out of my busy quilting schedule personalize Mark's Soccer Jacket.  He loves it which was great since it was Iron on Embroidered letters.  The only down size is that now the entire team wants me to do their jackets. Don't worry Mark assures me they will pay me.  Hmm.  26 jackets, I think not.

No comments: