3.25.2011

Pairs of Pillows


I have been missing my sewing.  The past couple of weeks have been a whirlwind of activity. Spring does that.  It has been warm and wonderful outside.  So much so, that to sew inside seems like such a shame.  I have really been racking my brain for a hand stitching idea to work on while I am outside at various sporting events or just chillin' on the porch swing.  So far I haven't come up with much, not that I need additional projects at this point.

I have seriously overcommitted myself, big surprise there, to sewing recently.  Being a self proclaimed procrastinator doesn't help much either.  I realized the other day that most of my projects have a due date.  I am so used to working in my own time frame that being forced to bend to an actual completion date is slightly stressing me out.  I know enough about myself that this does not worry me.  Being stressed out is just one of the steps I go through to get to the end result.  It's all part of the process.

This week I accomplished these pillow tops.  I had made a pair of Block "O" pillows last month, you may remember them? Well my niece, and soon to be OSU Graduate made a request for 2 more pairs. This week as I got a few minutes I decided to try to finish these up.  I didn't get as far as I would have liked, but front and back are completed.

I decided to make them all a little different to keep me from driving myself into utter boredom.   Having to make the same thing over and over and over is so boring!  The first pair I decide to quilt.  I just did simple loops and stippling.  I left to block "O" un-quilted to give it a little puffiness.  I like it.  It works.

The second set I mixed up the colors a bit to try to mimic the OSU football helmets.  I don't know if I succeeded but I think they turned out pretty terrific.

No comments: