3.10.2011

A Light Lunch

Yesterday, my 14 y.o. son had a late start day at school.  Collaborative planning for the teachers and all that  it entails.  He was able to sleep in until 9:30 which, if you have ever had a 14 y.o. is still early for them.  With school starting at 10:15 he was in the kitchen packing his lunch when I came down.  I asked if he had  found the new peanut butter, which he had.  I noticed he only had one brown lunch bag today, when he usually has two.  "Not hungry today?"  I joked.  He responded most seriously, "I packed light today, since it is only a half day and I just ate breakfast."  "Oh, Okay."  I responded.  I took a peek inside his lunch bag. The contents of his "light" lunch included. 2 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches., 2 Gatorade, a bag of chips, and an apple.  I really don't want to know what he packs on days when he is hungry.

1 comment:

Pauline said...

14 year olds sleep late? I can't wait for my almost 13yo to sleep in on the weekends, he's up early, enough though he's tired. I guess the upside is that I don't normally have to wake him up on school mornings.

That's some light lunch he's packed! You must go through quite a bit of food each week with your three children!