9.04.2010

A bit obsessed, are we?

I spent this week Quilting and piecing several quilts.  I knew I had been sewing a lot this week but it didn't dawn on me until Friday when I couldn't quilt because the kids were home.  Maybe I should have seen the signs.  They were all there, I just didn't see them.  Perhaps when I found black thread stuck in the elastic of my underwear it should have struck me as odd, but it didn't.  Maybe if I would have noticed the clump of thread stuck on my butt as I walked  up and met Emma's teacher after school it would have sunk in.   Surely when Emma said, "Mom did you brush your hair at all today?  Because you have thread in your pony-tail."  But all of that went sailing past me.  Perhaps I was a tiny bit obsessed with quilting this week.

All I really concentrated on was quilting.  If you could see my house now you would have to agree.  Never fear the kids are working on it. :) Truely it was all for the greater good as I was able to finish quilting this fall hand applique quilt in a couple of days. I bound it waiting in line to pick up the kids at school.  Isn't it amazing how much time we sit and wait?  Another clue to my quilting-obsessed week perhaps?


While quilting I often find myself critiquing my work.  Often I am none to pleased with how I am doing. I guess we all do it, but I was amazed at how much of what I thought was negative.  As  I stood back and admired my quilting I found my positive side arguing with my negative side.  I had to laugh!   It was as if I had the little angel on one shoulder and the devil on the other.  The angel wearing a lovely trapunto quilted dress in white broadcloth and the devil in a rag quilt (all red of course.)  Yes, professional help would be highly recommended at this point.

I have to thank Emma for helping me take these outdoor pictures.  Bless her little heart, she even put aside her own homework to help mom.   Perhaps the final clue that allowed me to see just how obsessed I was this week, was when Emma asked, "Okay.  Are you done quilting NOW?" My response was, of course, NEVER!

1 comment:

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Thanks for the giggle!!!!

I think my family have accepted that if I get out of the house *without* any loose threads that counts as "smart" :-)

Benta