7.01.2013

Teeny, Tiny


Ah...summer. It is here in all it's glorious splendor.  Filled with bright laughter of the kids as they rush in and out, in and out, AND in and out of the house.  The Hot, Hot Sunshine, that radiates off of everything causing sweat to pour off of small, and not so small faces as they run in and out And in and out of the house. The bold colors of summer that stick to the feet and shoes of the kids as they run in and out, in and out of the house. (Shut the door Already! Were you born in a barn?!)
And with the arrival of summer comes the arrival of Vacation.


One of the things  I took with me on vacation was these tiny little paper hexagons.   170 tiny little hexagons.  Let me explain.  I saw a pattern in the August 2012 issue of American Patchwork Quilting for a scrapy little hexagon pieced bag.  How Cute!  The idea of a hexagon piece bag has been in my mind for almost a year.  Just hanging there.  Bugging me.  Suggesting ever so politely, that it be made. Pestering me. UGH.  The problem was that the Pattern in the Magazine called for 1 inch hexagons.  Which, let's be honest, is CRAZY!



Mine are a more reasonable 1.5 inch hexagon...definitely sensible. HA!


So I've been stitching, and stitching and stitching red fabric to the tiny little hexagons.  And guess what?  Now I have 170 teeny tiny little hexagons.  Ta-Da! Now it's time for more Stitching, but the fun part...stitching them together.  Where will this lead?  Most likely to the UFO pile, but hey! I have all summer to play with them.


2 down...168 to go.

No comments: