7.16.2012

A home run.


Recently I was asked by my cousin and his wife to make a Cleveland Indians quilt for their new bundle of joy.  Since she is due in August, I realized I better get busy.  They had seen this quilt for a client last year and really liked the design.

To me this design doesn't scream BABY.  I went in search of baby quilt designs.  I ran across a few I thought would work and I drew up a plan.  Unfortunately the bold colors of red and blue along with the adult looking Indians panels did not get me a "baby quilt."  Nevertheless, I am happy with the design. 


I added multiple blocks embroidered with baseball terms, hoping to add to the educational level of the quilt.  (Never to early to learn).



It finished up at 48" x 48".  Quilted with an all over baseball pantograph, and backed with baseball fabric it just might inspire the little guy to play in the big leagues.  

No comments: