I started it way back in April, maybe March. I got this far and then I stalled out of ideas. I also became involved with a ton of other projects. I posted this picture and asked for suggestions. I got a great idea from Camilla who suggested the use of Gray solid. That idea got wedged into my quilting psyche and stuck there. When I picked up the quit to finish the border, the gray was the first thing to go on. Another suggestion I received, was to carry the diamonds into the border. At first I wasn't sure if this would work with the gray, that now I had to have, so I started to play around with it a little. I finally came up with this block.
I decided to add a white and gray border with a few scattered diamonds carried off onto the borders. The only problem this created was that I knew I would have to miter the corners. I have tried several times to miter the corners of other quilts, only to end up with puckered corners. This time I tried a new technique and it worked. Yahoo.
I have to decide on a backing and purchase some white batting and we will be ready to quilt.