8.15.2011

Drinking and Quilting Coffee

Last week I finished up this cute little coffee mat and napkin set.  I had every intention of posting about it when it was finished and then life, as it does, got in the way.

If you know me, you know that I LOVE Coffee.  I live on coffee.  I could not get through an entire day without coffee.  Okay, you get the idea.  When I saw this pattern, Cafe Espresso in McCall's Quilting March/April 2011, I immediately ordered the fabric.  Then it arrived and I dreamed about sewing it up.  Then, once again, life happened and the fabric sat and sat.  It sat for 5 months before I even began to sew it. And now it is done, finished, completely all sewn up,(pardon the pun).

I put all 4 place mats on my long-arm machine and quilted them at one time.   What a time saver.  I quilted a rolling swirl all over in an attempt at mimicking the steam from a nice hot cup o'joe.


The pattern makes 4 complete place mats and napkins. Too Cute.  I know the recipient of this gift is going to love it! I was really tempted to keep it!

No comments: