11.01.2010

Rack-um!

Once again Amy's Creative Side is hosting a Blogger's Quilt Festival.

 I entered a quilt in the Spring Quilt Festival and had a great time looking at all of the beautiful and amazing quilts that are entered.  Seriously once you start browsing through the blogs you start to really get inspired to break out and do something new and different.  



I am entering Here's Looking at you! You may remember it from my post here.  This really is one of my favorites from this past year.  Not only is it the first quilt I designed, and was able to assemble, I also love the new quilting designs I was inspired to try.  I was way out of my comfort zone on this one!  


I also wanted to share my new quilt rack with all of you.  You may recall that I am entering my first every craft show this Month.  (OH, my is it this month already! EEK!)  I was faced with the problem of how to display the quilts I was bringing.  I have never been a fan of stacked quilts.  They just don't get the traffic they deserve.  I thought of tables to lay them out, and possibly shelves to lay them on but nothing seemed right.  Then I stumbled upon the idea of hanging them, but the question remained HOW?  I drew up several plans and finally landed on this.  

John and I, ok mostly John, have been working on implementing my design into a concrete piece that would be easy to assemble.  

I have to say I am very excited with how it turned out and HOPE that it works well.  We may have to make modifications at some time but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.  

To be honest I am a little skeptical over how the craft fair will turn out. If anyone has had success at a craft fair I would love to hear your suggestions!


7 comments:

Jill said...

This is a really fun quilt!

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Hi Kristin, love the display rack. I have found ( here in the uk) people don't bring the right sort of money to a craft fair. They bring pocket money, not quilt money! So my advice is to have lots of business cards, and maybe try and grab email addresses from interested people, so you can send them a pic every time you finish a quilt so they can see what different styles you do. Enough dripndrip drip and eventually they'll realise that they * need * one of your quilts :-)

Benta@SLIKstitcges.co.uk

liz said...

I like your entry into the show. Well done. It's original.

Joanne said...

I like your quilts and your very clever quilt rack ...

Melody said...

Best of luck for the craft fair. Lovely quilt.

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

What a great quilt! You can't help but smile looking at it:)

Carol said...

Okay so I looked at the design and instantly thought of pairs of glasses :) Like it.