1.16.2015

Memory Table Runners

If you have a Dinning room table chances are at one time or another you have had a table runner displayed.  I have several that I rotate throughout the year.  Some are old, very old, crocheted by my great grandmother. Some are quite new.  Regardless I think they add an element of sophistication to my Dinning table.

Several months ago I was contacted by a woman to make a memory quilt for her from her mother's clothing.  After that project was complete she asked me to make 3 table runners from several of her mothers clothes.  I have to say initially I was skeptical.  I wasn't sure how the clothes with interfacing fused to the back would lay and if it would look right as a table runner.  Well as soon as I had the first set of squares cut out I knew... it would be perfect.




I ended up making three total.  All bright and cheery.

I used 3.5 inch squares set on point, 66 total made from items of clothing that have special meaning for the owner.  The half triangles for each table runner is fabric picked to coordinate with the clothing.  For the quilting I quilted a simple stitch in the ditch to accentuate the diamond pattern.

The table runners turned out spectacular.  I am very pleased with the pattern and may have to make one of my own. Someday..

No comments: