2.03.2015

Bee blocks

This year I decided to join a charity group to help make quilts for children.  This particular charity, My Very Own Blanket, donates blankets to kids in foster care. Through out the year the members of the group make blocks and send them to the quilter.  The quilter stitches the blocks together to for a quilt top and then completes the top.

 January and February bee blocks were a new block for me.  The quilter chose a scrappy cross roads block in blue and greens for January and orange and pink for February.  We followed and Instagram tutorial (again something new for me) done by Bee In my Bonnet blogger,  quilter and author, Lori Holt.

My blocks were all pieced from scraps, which I have to say is awesome.  I am always amazed when I dig through my scraps.  I find myself reminiscing over past quilts made, shopping trips and gifts from fellow quilters.  As a bonus it is always wonderful to be able to make something useful without spending a dime.


No comments: