9.15.2014

Old hobbies

Well, I did it.  I only took just a little over 8 years.  But this beauty if Finished. Done. Complete!  Woo and a Hoo!


I put the finishing touches on this weekend as we traveled upstate for yet another Soccer game.


I had forgotten how peaceful, rhythmic and fulfilling cross-stitch can be, especially on long car rides. I enjoyed it so much that I have decided to start another.  

Quilty Stitches by LMS


I ran across this Quilty Stitches over on Little Miss Shabby's blog.  She has a complete list the supplies needed including all of the floss colors she used, but you certainly could use any combination that suits you.  Each block has it's own post with a wonderful PDF that you can print out.  What a great way to play with color combinations. 

 Quilty Stitches is a beautiful combination of crossed quilt blocks.  I think it will make a wonderful wall hanging, or pillow or center for a quilt.  How fun would it be to complete a quilt using the Quilty Stitches in a quilt surrounded with quilt blocks using the same pattern!?!

I certainly be contemplating the possible design settings while I am cross stitching this beauty.  I'll let you know what I decide when I finally finish.  Maybe I'll finish this one up in less than 8-10 Year.  Or maybe not...


No comments: