10.16.2014

I'M BACK

I'm back from my longer than expected hiatus from blogging.  I mentioned, or I think I mentioned in a previous post that this year we are hosting a foreign exchange student.  When considering this, I knew that there would be more work involved.  Going from 3 teens to 4 obviously more work involved.  I knew there would be more laundry, more after school activities, more cooking (a lot more cooking), and more trips to the doctor.  Poor Martin had to get up close and personal with American Dentistry, just a month after arriving.
Welcome to America!  How about a root canal? Sounds like fun right?

I failed to comprehend how much more time all of this would take, and frankly how much more tired I would be.  Thankfully I we are adjusting nicely.

Sadly, my crafting is suffering.  I have less and less time to devote to quilting, sewing, knitting and the like.  But I do have a few things to share that have successfully made it into various Dr.'s appts.


My dear friend sent me this Awesome tote that she made and embroidered to help me keep crafting. 
Made from recycled denim in 3 various shades it had been a wonderful addition to my project bag rotation.  Not only did she send me this bag, she also sent me the directions to make my own.  (as well as a very* Large HINT* that I should develop a pattern to share with you all.  Never one to shy away from a *hint* I have it in the works.

Since I have this totally wonderful new bag I had to have a new project to tote around in my tote:)


I have been working on this cute tunic for my niece.  It's a pattern from Elena Nodel.  I came upon it on Ravelry you can find the small version here and the larger child version here.

I have been doing a little quilting.  I have 2 projects currently in the works.  For now I must sneak in a shower before I head off to the grocery. (again)

No comments: