I finished up the rod pocket yesterday morning and up she went! It took me the better part of 6 months, working off and on to complete the hand quilting for this beauty. The quilt itself is 60"X60" Overall 10" inches bigger both in length and width than the Bargello. It may take some time to get used to this new beauty. I already had to rearrange the decor on my buffet. We cannot have anything blocking those beautiful hand stitches.
I used Coats and Clark Hand Quilting thread for most of the hand work. I did switch it up a little and used #5 Pearl Cotton in Yellow for the orange peel border.
I do feel a slight sense of sadness at loosing a project that has kept me company for nearly 6 months. Although, I'll admit it is a welcome feeling of accomplishment to have this baby checked off my to-do list. Out with the old and in with the new.