9.21.2013

Hand Quilting

After a week of machine quilting, I needed a break.  Don't get me wrong I love machine quilting, sometimes a change of pace is needed.  Today I sat down with a cup of coffee and had myself a nice long hand quilting session.
 I am still trying to finish up my Modern Medallion.  After today's work I have only 1 side left to hand quilt before I can bind her up!  I am really enjoying the slow, quiet peace that hand quilting brings.

With the windows open and the birds busily chirping a slow song, it is a nice change of pace from the hustle and bustle of a week with 3 kids.  I seldom have time just to sit and take me time.

 There is always the pull of things needing to be finished, but just for today those things will have to wait.  I'm hand quilting today.

No comments: