9.27.2013

Out with the old...

Yesterday, I did it!  I hung my quilt.  The Modern Medallion is a work in progress no more!  I took down my Bargello quilt that had hung in my dining room for the last 2 years (it was time.) Seriously the rod tabs were showing some serious stress.  It probably should have been switched out WAY sooner.  The rule of thumb is hang for 6 month then rest.  Okay, well 4 times longer than the rule, but now it gets a much deserved rest.


 I finished up the rod pocket yesterday morning and up she went!  It took me the better part of 6 months, working off and on to complete the hand quilting for this beauty.  The quilt itself is 60"X60" Overall 10" inches bigger both in length and width than the Bargello.  It may take some time to get used to this new beauty.  I already had to rearrange the decor on my buffet.  We cannot have anything blocking those beautiful hand stitches.


 I used Coats and Clark Hand Quilting thread for most of the hand work.  I did switch it up a little and used #5 Pearl Cotton in Yellow for the orange peel border.


I love the pop of color it adds to the grey green walls. Sometimes I walk by the dining room and just gaze at the finished project.   ahhh.


 I do feel a slight sense of sadness at loosing a project that has kept me company for nearly 6 months.  Although, I'll admit it is a welcome feeling of accomplishment to have this baby checked off my to-do list.  Out with the old and in with the new.  

1 comment:

Kimi said...

Yay congrats on finishing your Modern Medallion! I'd love to finally get mine off my WIP list, but with a new baby it may be a while longer... :)