1.11.2013

I love me some hedgehog.

A year ago, possibly longer, I started knitting up a Hedgehog for my nephew.  The knitting went well.  The felting, not so much.  The problem,  the fur.  The pattern called for Fun Fur from Lion Brand.  Since I was trying to use up the yarn I had in my stash I just used an eyelash yarn I had on hand.  Once felted, the yarn matted terribly.  It was quite possibly the ugliest hedgehog ever.  I put it in my, UFO pile and there it has stayed, until yesterday.


Yesterday, in a small effort to do some cleaning out I finally finished the Hedgehog.


And it makes the perfect doggie toy.  Not only does it smell like wool, yummy.  It also, so far, has been indestructible.  Add a dog safe squeakier and voila instant Doggie Toy.


And Ginger seems happy.  She love her some hedgehog.

*one of theses days I am going to have to make this with the correct yarn.  It is so Cute!*

No comments: