4.23.2012

rolling right along

My wheel quilt is rolling along quite nicely. When I saw this quilt pattern I immediately thought Color Wheel.   Last week I showed you pictures of how I sorted out my fabrics into group. Once I decide upon the colors I knew I wanted to arrange them into a color wheel.

It took several attempts to get the configuration to look like the picture in my head.  Adding, Black, Brown,  Tan and Gray wedges through an unanticipated wrench into my pattern.  Moving the pieces around only added to my frustration.  Eventually, I did settle on an arrangement.

Next I moved onto the background.  The original pattern picture shows the background done with 4 different quarters in blacks and whites. You can view it Here through this link or over at Stitched in Color.  Rachel set the bar pretty high with her design, making it difficult for me.  I thought the black and white were very complementary to her wheel and I wanted to keep with that feeling, without coping it.

I searched for days trying to find the right background color.  Then I remembered the gradating black, tan, brown and turquoise fabric I purchased on clearance months, maybe years ago. BINGO!

This was the perfect background!  I played around again with the configuration of the wedges.  Having black in the wheel and in the background made it a little tricky.  Once I sliced the background into quarters it made the process a lot easier.

Now I just have to decide should it hand this way,

 this way or

 this way?

No comments: