1.10.2011

Winter Weather

You may recall that I introduced you to my January Wreath the other day.  Well, it is bound, quilted and hung on the front door.  Just in time for this massive snowy weather to hit South Carolina!  See the little white flecks of snow that are falling even as I took this picture.  I believe I said it looked like a "Snow Day!"  Little did I know when I made that jest that it would indeed prove true.  The winter weather gods must have been listening and decided it was just what was needed to accompany my quilt block.


 I have to say my kids are more than a little pleased.  They have been in and out of the snow since 7:30 this morning.  The snow may not last long but they are going to enjoy every single moment while it is here.  The snow has already started turning into freezing rain.  As I sit here and type this, I can watch the layers of ice building up on the tree outside my window.  All of this winter mix has been completely debilitating to the state of SC, everything is shut down and the grocery stores have been emptied.

We are warm and the pantry is fully stocked.  A new pot of coffee has been brewed.


 The perfect time for cuddling up on the couch, watching some old movies and doing some knitting.

No comments: