12.21.2010

Santa knocking at the door.

It's getting down to the wire now.  Christmas is just around the corner and I believe this year all of the presents will be completed before Christmas!  Christmas Miracles do Happen!  This weekend I managed to finish up the last of my last minute gifts.  Yahoo!  The first is this adorable Santa Door Banner. 


 I am going to have to make another for sure.  This a a Debbie Mumm pattern with great directions and tons of cutting.  Once the cutting was over the piecing was a breeze.

She mentions in the introduction to the pattern that this is one of her most requested patterns and after completing it I can see why.  Too cute!  You can find this pattern here.  I played around quite a bit with the quilting on this wall/door hanging.  I quilted holly leaves around the scrappy boarder, snow flakes on Santa's hat and coat and swirls on the beard.  I even added trapunto to the mittens and boots for extra fluff.

The second project I completed  were these two throw pillows.


  I got the idea from this post over at Crazy Mom Quilts.  I happened to have just enough of my scrappy boarder left over to make this pillow sparkle with holiday charm.

The pillows ended up being a bit bigger than I originally thought coming in at 20"X20".

I did quilt the top of the pillows using a basic meander just for time conservation.  I think they would have looked just as cute with the snow flake or swirl background.

 Just to be sure they recipient stayed in the holiday spirit I finished them off with red piping and red and white striped backs. HO. HO. HO.

No comments: