9.16.2015

Beach Bag



This summer I made 2 of these Beach Bags from the Sew4home.com pattern Day at the Beach.

 My siblings and I decided to do a family trip to the beach this summer.  With my son, the oldest grandchild at 18 and my brother's daughter at 16 months it was quite an adventure.  It was the first time we had all been together in several years.  It was wonderful to hang out, talk, have dinner together and let all of the cousins play.  Even the adults did some playing.  My youngest sister's birthday was just the week before this trip.  As a crafty person I knew she would enjoy this beach bag.

I found this cute pattern, Day at the Beach Bag. on  the Sew4home.com website. I used canvas for the top half of the bag as recommended in the pattern.  I didn't have the same fondness for the Cotton & Steel Metallic Canvas so, I chose this cotton and linen blend from  Moda Mixologie in Cosmopolitan ice and Steel blue.

The bag is big enough to fit two or three beach towels in the main compartment.  Sunscreen and a book fit nicely into the front pockets.  And when your not at the beach, it makes a nice hide out for your cats:)

No comments: