6.19.2014

Timing is everything.

With summer rapidly approaching I decided to make a few more Cargo Duffels for the kids.  With all of the travel for sports, band and camps we end up spending a great deal of time in the car.  I thought these bags would be perfect for hauling all of their car activities.

You may remember this Cargo Duffle I made for Easter using Noodlehead's Cargo Duffle pattern.  If you would like the pattern you can find it here


For the kids I decided to personalize them with a little embroidery and colors of their choosing.




With the first one under my belt I knew the 2nd, 3rd and 4th bags would go much smoother.  Ha!  Silly me.

Close to the end of the second bag my sewing machine started leaving huge tangles of bobbin thread for me.  Obviously the timing was off.  I played with what I could but couldn't get the tension adjusted.  A frustrating hour later, I switched to my old standby. My second machine is a good 30 years old but sews like a champ!  I finished the second bag assembly with the second machine.   As I was finishing off the inside of the second child's bag, my needle broke.  Then another and another.  YOU have got to be kidding me!  My old stand by, also had a timing issue.

My machines are off to the repair shop.  Perhaps it is time for a little English paper piecing. The bags will make Great Christmas presents too!

No comments: