4.23.2014

Cargo Duffle - An Easter Surprise

Another Easter Surprise?  You Bet!  This past week my Mom was in for a visit.  The kids were SO excited to see her.  They love having visitors, especially family!  Since mom was going to be hanging around for Easter I decided she needed to have her own special 'Easter Basket'.

Unless you have been living under a rock I am sure you have seen Noodlehead's Cargo Duffle pattern floating around on the web.  And if you haven't you can check it out here at Robert Kaufman and here at Noodlehead.

Let me say my bag did not even come close to being as cute as some of the bags out there.  But overall I'm happy with it. The bag came together fairly easily after the quilting of the individual pieces was completed.  I thought the directions were clear and concise.  However, if you get hung up on a step, no worries.  There are many, many bloggers out there who have made the bag and offer their advise, tips and strategies for making the directions clearer.  


How cute are these pockets!  Love them!  They really set the bag apart from other bag patterns that are out there.  I believe on my next cargo duffle I will have a friend of mine embroider some cute designs to take these pockets to the next level.




The bag has a large long zipper which makes getting things in and out of the bag a breeze.  Nothing worse than not being able to find what you are looking for on your trip.  The seams on the inside of the bag are bound, much like a quilt, which makes up for the fact that there is not an actual lining.  However, if you really want one I believe there is a blog or two out there that has adapted the pattern to add in a lining.  I really prefer the bag finished the way the pattern was written. The interior looks nice and neat and the quilting is highlighted.  Beautiful. 

No comments: