3.20.2013

Spring Inspired


I have been feeling a little crafty lately.  I wanted to sew something that wasn't a quilt.  With Easter and spring right around the corner what could be better than two sweet sundresses for my Adorable nieces.
Drawing fabric from my extensive fabric stash, I pulled out all of the pinks I had, a few buttons and some elastic.
Waved my magic wand and said the magic words and "poof"  just like that the dresses were done.  Ok, it may have taken a bit more energy than that.  and yes, I needed a pattern.

 I chose this cute patchwork pattern from Ellie Inspired called Sweet Apple Frock.  The directions were straight forward and simple!  It could have only been simpler if my Magic Wand hadn't been on the fritz, or if I could have used a surger. Finding a pattern that would fit a size 10 and a size 12 months was definitely a challenge but I think this pattern made it work.  I cannot wait to see how sweet they look on!

No comments: