Here it is the big reveal!
After I tried the 101 block settings, I ultimately decided upon this on-point block setting. I took the few broken dish blocks that were already made, added 4 others to trim the top and bottom of the quilt.
The backing is a cute and oh so soft! Jungle Flannel. I created an applique elephant based on the elephants in this flannel print.
For the quilting I quilted swirls along the border and a wavy line filler along the sashing.
The body of the quilt has an all over leaf pattern. I used a subtle orange peel quilting design for the broken dish block. Now I am off to finsh up the binding.