7.24.2010

Messenger bag


The newest in my self imposed tote quest is this messenger bag. I am so excited by how it turned out. I love this fabric and I think it will transition into fall quite nicely. I made the bag according to the tutorial I found here at mmmcrafts.blogspot.com. I really think this is a GREAT tutorial. The instructions are clear and very thorough. There are many great tutorials at mmmcrafts that are just as wonderfully constructed. So check it out!

Here is my adaptation of her wonderful messenger bag. Isn't it cute!


There is an exterior pocket on the back.

The interior is roomy and has two additional pockets. I toyed around with making a cell phone pocket on the handle but opted to leave it out for the first making. I definitely think I will add it next time.

I added a cute little appliqued monogram on the front flap. However, I cannot show it to you for fear the recipient will know it is for her. I promise to get some pictures posted once it is gifted.

I am in the midst of yet another bag, one I am designing myself! I hope to have pictures as well as the new tutorial posted soon. For now I'll tell you it is a sling type bag with a cute ribbon tie for a closure. I know the suspense it killing you, but you'll just have to wait.

No comments: