8.23.2014

Back to School

WoW!   Am I exhausted.  This back to school year has been filled with one activity or another.  Honestly I have been running from one place to the other non-stop.  Not only have we been busy with our own 3, we have welcomed into our family an exchange student from Germany.  Martin will be with us until June of 2015.  I am sure it will be one busy and exciting year.


I have had little time to quilt, sew or craft of any kind lately.  I am still finishing up my entry for the AMB Farm to Fabric challenge.  It was officially loaded on my long-arm machine yesterday!  Yahoo!  I hope to actually get to quilt it on Sunday.  Sorry but I cannot show you any pictures yet:)

With all of the running and back to school shopping I was able to pick up a little something for me.


New Shoes!

I purchased these with the intention of doing a little sprucing up. I plan on embroidering them.  I have wanted to play with embroidering shoes ever since I saw this post on The Handmade Dress. I wasn't about to head out and purchase a pare of Sanuks and sew on them.  I picked up this pair at Payless on clearance.  

I knew I wanted to create some type of flower pattern.  And this is what I sketched out.



I am sure I will have to do a little more detail work as the design emerges from the shoes.  But for now it's a handy travel projects for my continued back to school pace.

No comments: